How time flies by, 7 months ago you thought this time would never come! It has and now you must prepare for the birth and home coming of your new baby. Exciting or what, the memories are flooding back to me.
It’s one of those things we get very excited about, packing for the hospital birth. For my last baby, my daughters packed the baby’s hospital bag, it was pink and we did not know the sex of our new pending baby!!! I gave birth to a little girl, but it didn’t matter what colour the baby was, what matters is that you make your other children excited and involved in the preparation of their new sibling. This is as important as the preparation of the hospital bag, in itself.
Whatever you do pack, don’t take everything and the kitchen sink, because it is likely that the midwives will ask your partner to take it back home again.
Keep in mind though that you might need to stay for a longer period, if you have a caesarean section or if baby needs supervision after birth. But, then again, that’s what family and partners are for: to bring you more things if you need them after birth.
• A long T-shirt or front-opening nightdress, dressing gown and slippers;
• Drinks and snacks for you and your partner;
• Labour supplies for example Tens machine, massage oil, aromatherapy candles, whatever you intend to use, I didn’t personally use any of these products
• Underwear and maternity pads,
• If breast feeding, maternity bra & breast pads
• Toiletries Bag including shampoo, conditioner, hair brush, tooth brush, tooth paste,
• Make-up bag
• Coming home outfit for the baby, including little hat
• One blanket, thickness depending on the time of year
• Nappies For Newborn
• 3 baby grows
• 5 baby vest
• If not breast feeding, hospitals generally provide readymade baby formula
• Maternity clothes to go home in (your tummy doesn’t magically disappear after delivery-maternity clothes will be the most comfortable to travel home in)
• Mobile phone, plus charger
• Photo of other children at home, it will comfort them when they see it on our dresser when they come to visit their new brother/sister.
• Hand sanitizer (for visitors and you)
• Hospital paperwork required for check in
Now just sit back, relax, and allow everyone to pamper you while you wait for your new baby to arrive.
Once your little bundle of joy has finally arrived, everything in the house will now be pink or blue and won’t you love it! Well there is more, pink, blue and what have you, presented at www.bbbonbon.ie in the shape of christening and baptism favours. Your guests will be delighted in receiving delicate little christening and baptism favour gifts, a thank you and a memory keepsake of that special day spent together. All our favours can be personalised and include confectionery. All our favours can be personalised and include confectioner of your choice.
Pink Angel christening Favour